Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meet Simbha


Say hello to Simbha! She became part of our family sometime in April 2001 after having spent a few months at her maternal home in Kannur, Kerala! She celebrates Her 8th birthday on 26th January 2009. Presently, Her Dogregal Excellency is spending time at Her home in Ooty, quite bothered by the biting winter chill that makes her sleep close to 15 hours a day.

She is part of the most coveted Executive Bracket, a grade which is much above that of the children of the household. So, technically, my brother and I are Her pets. I guess its quite a privilege to have a Banker and a Research Analyst for pets! Have you watched Stuart Little? A mouse with a pet cat? Well, do I need to say more?

As one of the many executive (non-resident) Ministres Chargé d'affaires attached to Her staff, it is and will be my most imperative sense of duty to ensure, at all times, above all else, that all Her wrongs are legitimized into absolute rights within the least possible time, despite whatever effort that might take, failing which I stand to incur the severest wrath of Command Central.

She has to Herself a suite of rooms (you know whose) which She lavishly uses to Her comfort. While early mornings are almost always spent in Her little room, mid mornings are on the carpet in the drawing room, afternoons in Mom's room and evenings on my bed! After a lot of pleading, the following photograph, shot on October 14, 2004 was 'cleared' for publishing on my blog!


Her calls for food better be answered before She begins the asking and her place on the portico better not be taken by anyone else, even if that be a visiting dignitary! All birds, cats and dogs better stay out of Her sight and never ever make the mistake of trudging into Her territory!

Jokes apart, our love for Her is one that is far more than imaginable, one that is reciprocated ten times what is given! I miss Her more than anyone else and all my tele-conversations home query her. She is without doubt, my best buddy!

Now, seriously, have I capitalized all the Hers & Shes!

Important business over, let me wish my brother a very happy birthday! He turns 26 today!

Deepu, my brother, it is not surprising that I could not open the post by wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Hope you understand ;) Anyhow, may the coming year bring you good health, prosperity and above all else a great deal of satisfaction and peace!

Footnotes:

Simbha on my photoblog

31 comments:

  1. Hi simbha, nice name… Raku, loved the post bro! And that reminds me that I shud be also writing a post on my sister, pal, pet, princess,….puppy… She will be turning 14 this may, Oops and exactly what our puppy does here, She sleeps 15 hrs a day for the world peace… And she is from Kotagiri, been in ooty too recently for 8 months when mom was on transfer, Okay enough of our dogly Tales,,,

    And a very Happy birthday to your lil bro, deepu, my wishes and regards to him, Santhosha janmadhinam, deepu chettaaaa…

    ReplyDelete
  2. th4ey are a bit like royalties, are our pets :)
    she looks a sweetheart.

    and happy b-day to your brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy how crazy you can get about a pet! (Wonderfully written!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG such a cutie!!! I love dogs..they r so therapeutic :)

    And Happy Bday to ur bro!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. das soo cute.. :) I too love dogs..Aren they cute??

    Happy birthday to ur bro.. :)

    Take Care coz I care..

    Nikhil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Satheesh

    Thanks very much! Will pass on the wishes!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeker

    Thanks very much for the kind words! Simbha will be very happy to hear ;)

    Thanks very much for the Birthday Wishes too! Will pass them on!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polona

    Thanks very much! You bet, they are quite like royalties, thanks to the way we treat them!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes, will pass them on!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peter

    Quite true! We go ga-ga about our pets and for good reason too!

    Thanks for your comments!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keshi

    Thanks very much! Will give Simbha a big hug from ur side when I travel home next

    Thanks also for the birthday wishes. Will pass them on!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nikhil

    Am glad you like Dogs! They are a source of absolute pleasure like no other! Unconditional love and devotion, truly! And yes, they are super cute too!

    Thanks very much for the Birthday Wishes! Will pass them on!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magiceye

    Thanks very much! Appreciate your thoughtfulness!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss this post..

    Its nice to see people loving their pets. And oh, she has banker and research analysts as pets...

    Pets loving pets -- lovely home..

    All said, but i don't like this 'category' inside my home :))

    say my Hi to her and a b'lated Birthday wishes to her second pet :))

    love,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Bday wishes to your bro. Wish him the happiest year ahead !

    Btw, simbha is cute. What breed is she ? or did I miss reading it from your post?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Devika Ma'am

    Yeah, we adore Simbha and have kinda been treating Her like royalty!

    She is quite a lucky girl with a Research Analyst and a Banker as pets!

    Will pass on the wishes.

    Thanks very much!

    Cheers

    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vimmuuu

    Thanks for the wishes! I will pass them on!

    Simbha is a mix of a Chihuahua and a Daschund. I was not cleared to mention the lineage on the main post ;)

    Cheers

    Raku

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha Lucky girl!??

    anyways, funny world :))
    i love the fun part...
    But can't predict my nature..so keep pets off :)

    wishes,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I myself mentioned "lucky girl"

    God knows where I have been, while commenting! :))

    wishes,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi simbha! so good to see you at pet pride!!! hope to spend time with you every week!

    bozo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to see you've got your priorities right. Cats are the ultimate rulers.
    Happy birthday to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops! My deepest apologies to Her DogRegal Excellency - how could I have made such a crass mistake? (perhaps because our cats are demanding attention now, right NOW!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun post about a very cute dog.
    Congratulations to your brother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun post about a very cute dog.
    Congratulations to your brother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your name, Simbha, my name is Sam Schnauzer. Wish we could meet up someday and play ball! Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Simbha

    Nice to meet you :)
    We also enjoy pet pride ^__^
    You are looking very lovely.

    hugs from Kareltje =^.^=
    from The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete