Monday, February 14, 2011

Still Loving you

From the 1984 album Love at First Sting, an iconic masterpiece called "Still Loving you" remains a timeless classic, by Scorpions, rendered in perhaps the most finest styles of musical articulation and emotion.

Much later Rudolf Schenker explained "It is a story about a love affair where they recognized it may be over, but let's try again."



The song is also considered to echo a thinly veiled metaphor for a divided East and West Germany. "Your pride has built a wall so strong that I can't get through, is there really no chance to start once again?" "only love can break down the walls someday" and "Yes I've hurt your pride and I know what you've been through, you should give me a chance, this can't be the end, I'm still loving you" were considered to be clear references to the Berlin Wall and the despair many Germans felt about their divided homeland.

It eventually sold 1.7 million copies and is considered to be the most successful production of Scorpions, reaching #64 on Billboard Hot 100.

And as for me, I promise, this was some strange coincidence that I chose to post this on valentine's day - No intentions whatsoever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment